As a lot of you may know, over the past couple of weeks we have been trying to get Raidwars back up to its original popularity and get things back to how they were. I would also like to state that we are still in the process of getting to this point.
On our way through updating the server, installing new plugins, etc etc, there are obviously problems...
Some being plugin compatibility, some being plugin updates resetting certain data, some being slight "staff" issues...
I think you get the point.
However, we are very determined to arrive at our final destination. But in order for this to occur some changes have to be made...
- Some plugins will have to be updated again unfortunately, which will reset some data...
- Some bugs need to be fixed, and some plugins have to be nurfed... (McMMo)
- To put it bluntly; The entire community of Raidwars sucks. I hate to admit this, but I think its pretty obvious.
So heres whats going to change:
- We unfortunately have to resort back to the newer version of factions due to the compatibility of the current one with UUiDs.
- McMMo data will have to be reset, and leveling up nurfed. (and also max levels set, and ability ranks fixed.)
- Everyone needs to grow up and actually help each other. and not just constantly moan about the staff, the game, the server. If you think something is wrong, dont go on a rant about it. Talk to someone, get their opinion, then make a NICE post on the forums about it so that the management team can take a look.
- There are a lot more bug fixes, and changes that need to occur.
The next big step in which we are taking is removing the entire staff choosing process and replacing it with a slightly higher standard of selection.
There will be no more puny Staff Applications to fill in which also take up a sh*t tonne of the staff members time.
All the staff members will now be selected by hand by the management team - to which they will then go on trial.
This is where the new system will come in. A "tick box style" questionnaire will need to be filled in by the staff to see what they would do in a certain situation. The member will have to score 95% or more correct answers in this test to ensure the highest standard of staff members are selected.
So over the next few days, we apologise for any data that is lost, (we have about 10 backups of the pex files, so no donator perks will be lost from now).